If you’re working with a group of children, sadly the chances are high – almost certain – that one or more of them will be placed at risk of abuse throughout their childhood. Some may already be experiencing it. So perhaps the greatest lesson you can teach them is how to respond in such situations. However, we know that can be confronting for you.
That’s where My Underpants RULE! comes in.
Easy lesson plans
With it’s superhero theme, bright colours, magical illustrations and ridiculous rhyme, your students quickly engage in the book’s content. It allows you to ease into an often tricky subject without causing alarm (no dark bits).
The structure of learning a nursery rhyme rule, followed by five different scenario questions and final reinforcement of the rule follows a classic learning model:
- ENGAGEMENT (Why is this important?)
- ESTABLISHMENT (What are we learning?)
- TESTING (What would you do in this situation?)
- REPETITION/REINFORCEMENT (What was that rule again?)
Lesson plans can easily be structured around the content. The only limit is your imagination, and the more times you teach it, the more its lessons solidify for your students.
We Can Also Help
Incursions at Pre-School and Schools
Let us come to your pre-school/school and teach the kids their Underpants RULE
- Fun, interactive Games, Superhero Powers & Capes are used leaving the children feeling EMPOWERED and CONFIDENT.
- Educators are also shown how to extend and reinforce the learning with further lessons lans and practical ideas
Parent Information Presentations
- Lets put everyone on the same page – PARENTS are a VITAL ingredient in keeping kids SAFE
- Parents will learn statistics often unknown to most that reveal ALL children are vulnerable to abuse.
- An EASY way for BUSY, EVERYDAY parents to help keep their kids SAFE
Incoporating things that kids LOVE – Fun, Play, Games, Superheros, Rhymes – Leaving kids feeling EMPOWERED & CONFIDENT
- Learn the Fun, Easy way to teach Protective Behaviours using My Underpants RULE!
- Plus a series of ideas/lesson plans that can be adapted to kids of all background and needs.
- Learn how to teach children what is appropriate and inappropriate in relation to their Private Parts and what to do if something should happen, leaving kids feeling EMPOWERED and CONFIDENT
Used by TOP AGENCIES
Just a few examples;
- Incorporated into the Western Australian Education Department curriculum
- Used by the Department for Education and Child Development, South Australia
- The UK’s top child protection agency (NSPCC), in conjunction with the Department of Education of Northern Ireland has recognised how great My Underpants RULE! is for educators. That’s why it’s being used in a behavioural study in Northern Ireland’s schools. See our News section to find out more.
- Used by Sydney Children’s Hospital